What’s on offer?
The NSW Government will help homeowners in the Hunter region access interest-free loans to install solar battery systems.
These systems provide clean, renewable energy and can help you cut your energy bills.
Through this offer, you can get an interest-free loan of up to:
• $14,000 towards a solar PV and battery system (repayable over a range of terms up to 8 years), or
• $9000 towards retrofitting a battery system to an existing solar PV system (repayable over a range of terms up to 10 years).
To qualify, you must:
• live in one of these postcodes in the Hunter region
• have a household income of no more than $180,000 per annum
• own your grid-connected home, live in it and have the authority to install the system
• satisfy the loan criteria.
The battery-only option is for homes with existing solar. This offer does not include solar-only options. Businesses and participants in the Solar for Low Income Households trial are not eligible.
Solar battery systems are not for everyone, and are also a significant financial investment.. The benefits depend on how much electricity you use and when you use it.
To make an informed choice you should read:
• the program guide
• the NSW home solar battery guide and fact sheets
• the applicant terms and conditions.
Is this program right for you?
Your household is more likely to benefit from a solar battery system if you:
• use a higher than average amount of electricity (more than 6,000 kilowatt hours a year)
• use most of your electricity in the mornings and evenings
• are on a time-of-use tariff with your electricity retailer or plan to switch to one
• have already implemented other energy saving measures.
How to apply
1. Check you meet the eligibility criteria.
2. Read the documents listed in the ‘before applying’ section.
3. Contact several of the approved suppliers from the list below. They will discuss your needs, inspect your home to confirm it is suited to a solar battery system, answer your questions, and provide a detailed quote covering the costs and savings.
4. Choose the best quote.
5. Go to the Accept your quote portal, managed by RateSetter our delivery partner. Enter your quote details, review and accept the quote and complete the loan application.
6. If the loan is approved, your chosen supplier will contact you to arrange installation.
7. When your system has been installed, RateSetter will be in contact to ensure you are happy with the installation.
Please see the program guide for further details about eligibility and the application process.
Approved suppliers information
For this offer, only the approved suppliers on this list are able to install systems and provide access to the interest-free loans. They are solar battery experts and accredited by the Clean Energy Council.
Please note: a number of other suppliers will be accredited in early March and added to this list. This will allow you to get multiple quotes to ensure you get the best deal.
• program guide
• frequently asked questions
• NSW solar battery guide
• applicant terms and conditions