Solar Victoria are now rolling out a battery rebate scheme to help identify demand and battery usage in Victoria. In 2019-20 there will be 1,000 rebates of up to $4,838 for a solar battery system. Installing a battery can help a typical household save up to $640 a year.
Solar Victoria requires stringent quality and safety standards to be met so that solar customers applying for a rebate receive a high-quality product, installed safely by a qualified professional. For customers to receive a rebate, it is necessary to use only authorised retailers, installers and solar products. We maintain a regularly updated list of authorised providers, who are required to only use products on Solar Victoria’s approved products list. To qualify for inclusion on these lists, providers and products are required to meet standards set by the Clean Energy Council, Energy Safe Victoria and other relevant authorities.
The battery program targets designated postcodes with high PV penetration and population growth.
To see details and eligible postcodes visit the Solar Victoria website: https://www.solar.vic.gov.au/solar-battery-rebate
Victorians eligible to receive a battery rebate if they meet all of the following criteria:
• the property is within a designated postcode and already has solar PV panels with a capacity equal to or greater than 5kW
• pre-approval is obtained from your Distributed Network Service Provider (DNSP) to safety connect a battery to the grid
• the energy storage solution is listed on Solar Victoria’s Approved Battery List and the property does not have an existing energy storage system
• they are the owner-occupier of the property where the system is to be installed
• the combined household taxable income of all owners is less than $180,000 a year (based on your Australian Tax Office Notice of Assessment)
• it is an existing property, valued at under $3 million based on the current council rates notice
• the property address has not previously taken part in the Solar Homes Program
• the owner/s agrees to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about taking part in battery trials to maximise the value households get from them
• owner/s agree to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program, if selected.